Every job has its own peculiarities and requirements. Thus, job seekers need to take a different approach to resume writing depending on the type of job they will apply for. Often, finding the right approach is hard. Especially if you are not too experienced in writing resumes. And that’s where SkillHub steps in.
SkillHub is a professional service with many years of experience in the resume writing business. We serve you to simplify your job search and help you craft a winning resume and get employed faster. And, apart from writing your resumes for you, we also share our expert tips that will help you cope with the task on your own.
In this article, we are going to tell you how to write a digital marketing resume and land a job with ease. This guide will provide you with effective tips for writing a job-winning resume. Also, here you’ll find a well-written digital marketing resume sample as well as a digital marketing executive resume sample that will help you understand what a great resume should look like. And there is even more for you here.
Read our guide, follow through with the tips, and you will get a flawless digital marketing sample resume that will make your job application look great.
Turn "We'll be in touch" to "Hired"Get My Resume Done
How To Write a Digital Marketing Resume
Regardless of whether you are going to apply for entry level digital marketing jobs or want to occupy a senior position, there is one thing you need to know - digital marketing is a very competitive field. It can be quite hard to stand out among other applications and land an interview. But, if you can get your resume for digital marketing specialist right, you will succeed!
This is your guide on how to write a digital marketing resume. But, before we continue, let’s look at some main points and steps that need to be considered:
- Job Description. Before you start, you should always read a job description for marketing manager first.
- Examples. Reading a few good examples of a digital marketing specialist resume can be very helpful, so be sure to check out the samples we will share here.
- Formatting. To engage recruiters and potential employers with your resume for marketing position, you should choose a clear and effective template that can communicate your biggest accomplishments and strengths best.
- Sections. A good resume must include all the following sections:
- Resume summary (or objective)
- Contact information
- Work experience
Choose the Right Resume Template for Marketing Specialist
First, identify the best resume template for digital marketing specialist that will help you make a good impression on the hiring manager. There are many different marketing resume templates. But, your goal is to choose one that can showcase your biggest strengths and help you get more interviews.
Here are a few key tips to help you find the best digital marketing resume template:
- Opt for a reverse-chronological order.
- Make sure you begin with a captivating introduction (i.e. marketing resume objective or summary)
- Next, add sections with your work history, education, and key skills in the same order.
- Add a few extra sections that will tell recruiting firms more about who you are.
- Always leave plenty of white space to keep your resume easy to read and navigate through.
- Use appealing but simple design.
- Use readable and neat fonts.
- Always use the marketing manager job description for resume as you write.
Write a Digital Marketing Resume Objective or Summary
Basically, there are two ways to start a digital marketing resume sample.
A resume objective is basically a statement of your career goals. This type of introduction won’t be good for a sample resume marketing manager since it doesn’t show your vast experience. But, it can be great for young specialists with no experience or those who are planning a career switch.
Inspired college grad and travel blogger with self-taught digital marketing skills looking to leverage personal experience and knowledge at [company name].
A summary is different, it is rather a synopsis of your experience and achievements. This introduction puts your vast experience at the core.
Thus, a digital marketing specialist resume should always start with a resume summary.
Digital marketer with 7+ years of experience. Possess excellent SEO and Social Media knowledge. Increased quarterly sales by 20% for a large, international company by implementing competitive analysis.
Entry Level Digital Marketing Resume
The experiences section is one of the most crucial parts of your resume. But don’t worry if you don’t have any previous digital marketing experience. Even if that’s true, you can still apply for digital marketing entry level jobs and get a job. But, you need to know how to write a great entry level marketing resume.
Here are a few tips to help you impress the recruiter even with no experience:
- Always tailor it to the job opening to prove that you are a perfect employee for each particular employer.
- Find a good entry-level digital marketing resume example to look up to while writing.
- List other work experiences, but make them relevant to the position you are applying for by indicating relevant skills (the ones that will also matter at a digital marketer position).
- Add academic achievements to your education section.
- Gain a competitive advantage by including additional sections.
Put Your Education on a Resume
If you are looking to get a marketing manager job title, you are not necessarily required to have a college degree, though it can really give you a competitive advantage. However, be sure that recruiters would like to know about your education, so you should definitely include it in your resume.
If you do have a degree, be sure to mention the following details:
- School name
- Years of study
- Type of degree and major
Here are a few more tips on how to mention education on resumes for marketing:
- Mention your highest level of education first.
- If you haven’t yet graduated, be sure to specify the expected graduation date.
- Even if you only have a high school education, you should still put it on your resume.
- Provide information about relevant coursework.
If you don’t have relevant work experience and want to emphasize your education, add some bullet points that go in line with digital marketing resume skills.
Struggling With Your Digital Marketing Resume?Hire expert writer
Put Skills on a Resume
To make hiring managers want to recruit and then employ you, you have to prove that you possess all the digital marketing skills potential employers are looking for. That’s why the skills section always takes a special place in each of our digital marketing examples of resumes. And you have to list them right.
Also, it is vital that you use relevant keywords in your skills list as well as in your bullet points. This will help your resume not be filtered out by the resume-scanning software.
Here is a list of the key skills that can prove your qualification for a digital marketer job:
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Search Engine Marketing
- Copywriting & copyediting
- Communication skills
- Email marketing
- Attention to detail
- Content creation & automation
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising
- Time management
- Analytical skills
- Analytics tools
- Result orientation
- Integrated marketing communication
- Organizational skills
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Creative skills
If you want to ensure your resume will work well, take a look at cover letter writing services, that can double you interviews. Getting a job is hard, but with a creative approach you can easily win the competition.
Add Contact Info to Your Resume
When writing a resume for marketing job, you should never neglect the importance of the contact section. It should be placed somewhere near the top of the page. Sure, you can choose any placement you like, as long as it is noticeable.
Here is what contact details to include in examples of digital marketing resumes:
- Full name
- Job title
- Phone number
- A link to portfolio, personal blog, professional website, and/or social media accounts.
Pro Tip: To appear as a professional and serious applicant, you should pay special attention to the email address you provide. It should look professional, like this - email@example.com.
Add Other Sections to Your Digital Marketer Resume
To drive the recruiter’s attention and land an interview, consider putting some extra sections in addition to what you already have. In our marketing resume examples, our pro writers always provide additional sections to boost resumes’ effectiveness and help job seekers show off more of their personalities on a resume.
If you also want to ensure the best results, be sure to consider using this trick. And, to help you get started, here are some digital marketing examples of additional resume sections that will give you a competitive advantage:
- Certifications. Mentioning relevant certifications can really help you win a job, especially if you don’t have a relevant degree or lack professional experience.
- Volunteering experience. Volunteer work always looks good on a resume and showcases a wide range of positive personality traits and valuable skills.
- Languages. Proficiency in any language is a huge benefit.
- Hobbies & interests. Don’t be afraid to show who you are, after all, they are looking to hire humans.
Marketing Experience Examples
When shaping your work experience section, you need to highlight your skills and accomplishments, and thus show what makes you a good employee. Below, you can find a few marketing experience examples that will help you learn how to put your experience on a resume the right way:
Digital Marketing Manager
August 2010-November 2015
[Company Name], New York, NY
- Supervised the work of the entire digital marketing department and reached a 20% boost in overall performance.
- Implemented new digital marketing strategies that led to a 400% increase in traffic throughout the year.
- Adopted new SEO tools that helped take the company’s website to the top position in search results.
Senior Digital Marketing Manager Resume
A senior digital marketing manager position is one of the top-level managerial positions and, respectively, it has much higher requirements compared to entry-level marketer positions. Thus, creating digital marketing resumes for senior manager jobs requires a different approach.
Here are some tips to get you going:
- Pay attention to your format and design, they should be clear, readable, and professional-looking.
- Start a resume with a summary to grab the attention right off.
- Check marketing experience examples to learn how to list your work experience right.
- Mention only your highest level of education and don’t add any bullet points here. As a senior manager, you most likely have vast professional experience, so make an emphasis on that instead of your education.
- Quantify your achievements wherever possible. Rough numbers make your accomplishments look more real and more impressive.
Pro Tip: Senior managers are always perceived as the face of the brand. People in these positions are expected to have flawless reputations. Therefore, be sure to check your online presence before submitting your resume. One way or another, most potential employers will check your online footprint and you want to be sure that there is nothing that can make them doubt your professionalism.
Struggling With Your Digital Marketing Resume?Hire expert writer
Digital Marketing Manager Resume
Unlike a senior digital marketing manager, a digital marketing manager is a slightly less responsible position. But, despite that, it still requires having solid managerial and digital marketing skills and vast experience in similar roles. So that’s what your digital marketing manager resume should emphasize.
We’ve got a few tips that will help you create a brilliant sample resume marketing manager:
- Carefully tailor your resume to the job description to show that you meet the needs of each particular employer.
- First of all, be sure to start your CV with a summary that indicates your professional experience and showcases some of your achievements from past workplaces.
- Follow the standard resume structure and include all must-have sections (such as contact info, education, experience, and skills).
- Make the most of additional resume sections. For a digital marketing manager role, you will get the biggest competitive points for mentioning additional language and listing your certifications.
Following these tips, you should be able to create a job-winning resume for a digital marketing manager position with ease. Also, don’t hesitate to check out an example of digital marketing manager resume written by our pros to get a better understanding of how your resume should look like.