A Personal Trainer is a fitness professional who assists clients with reaching their health and fitness goals. They help clients develop individualized exercise and diet plans during their work process.
They typically work with clients in a gym, studio, or other fitness facilities but can provide services remotely and also provide nutrition advice and education.
In this article, we will cover information about formatting a personal trainer resume and resume samples for different sections of the outline, as well as a piece of a personal trainer resume with tips to make it stand out.
Let’s examine the most important information necessary to produce an eye-catching resume.
Still hesitant about your Resume?
How to Format a Personal Trainer Resume
Formatting a resume can be daunting because there are many different ways to do it, but here are some tips that could help you create a beautiful and practical resume format:
- Start with a professional template with a nice layout;
- Use a legible font, like Arial or Times New Roman, and ensure it's a comfortable size (usually 10 or 12 points);
- Use clear language. Avoid using jargon or overly technical language. As a part of your job application, using professional language in your resume and interview is crucial;
- Showcase your achievements;
- Keep it brief;
- Include contact information;
Take a look at a well-written resume sample for a depiction.
Personal Trainer Resume Sample
This resume sample for a Personal Trainer can be adjusted to fit any relevant positions for hire. It uses a reverse-chronological resume layout to represent the credentials of a specialist with specific experience and fulfilled requirements in the field.
Contact number: +1-555-555-555
I am an experienced and enthusiastic personal trainer passionate about helping people reach their fitness goals. I have diverse experience in assisting clients in improving their strength, mobility, and overall well-being. I am a strong motivator and team player, and I possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills. With my knowledge of exercise programming and nutrition, I am confident I can help my clients achieve their desired results.
Physical Therapist Assistant
Physium Center Barcelona in Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain
September 2021 - Present
- Helping patients perform exercises and stretches;
- Assisting with physical therapy treatments;
- Providing education about physical activities and lifestyle changes;
- Monitoring and recording patient progress.
Kettlebells Barcelona Gym in Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain
September 2019 - June 2021
- Developing personal fitness programs for clients;
- Providing advice on nutrition and lifestyle changes;
- Educating clients on proper exercise techniques;
- Maintaining records of clients’ progress.
- A good understanding of anatomy and physiology;
- Ability to design safe and effective exercise programs;
- Knowledge of nutrition;
- Knowledge about fitness equipment;
- Good time management skills;
- Ability to track and measure progress.
- Problem-solving skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Time management skills.
Universitat de Barcelona
2016 - 2019
Bachelor of Physical Therapy
- AMCA Physical Therapy Certificate
- ISSA Certification
This is one of many resume samples created by our resume-writing service. We encourage you to explore the following resume examples developed using our:
- resume writing service;
- resume editing service;
- CV writing service;
- LinkedIn resume writing service.
Also, you want to change your career field or improve your career. In that case, there are many more helpful documents for studying and tailoring.
Resume Objective & Resume Summary
Your chances of getting an interview drastically increase if you include a solid personal statement at the start of your resume. Personal information could be a resume objective or a summary that outlines the applicant's relevant education and training. A resume objective demonstrates how a candidate for the position will benefit the business.
Resume Summary Examples
A resume summary is a concise statement about your professional background and experience on your resume sample that tells potential employers why you're the ideal person to work with.
Having a practical resume summary is essential in today's competitive job market. It helps job seekers stand out from other applicants.
Personal Trainer resume samples with and without a summary are shown in the following sections:
A Physical Therapist Assistant (2 years) with a current position as a Fitness Consultant. I have excellent communication and time management skills.
A highly motivated Physical Therapist Assistant with 2+ years of experience. In my previous position, I helped 42 clients achieve their fitness goals and helped them positively in exceeding their expectations, raising the sales at Kettlebells Barcelona by 23%.
Resume Objective Examples
A resume objective is a short statement that outlines your career path and provides potential employers with a quick overview of your skills, training, and qualifications that make you an ideal candidate for their position.
Including a Personal Trainer resume objective can help demonstrate to employers that you focus on the type of job you’re seeking.
Here are resume examples of excellent and lousy resume objectives:
I’m a driven fitness consultant looking for a new position in that career field. I’m skilled in providing advice for nutrition and fitness goals and monitoring and recording client progress. I have excellent communication skills, including motivational speaking, supporting clients, and scheduling. I’m ready to work.
A certified fitness consultant with two years of experience in a 450+ member gym. I have shown successful outcomes for 40+ clients who have met their fitness and nutrition goals. I’m adept at creating extensive meal plans using best nutritional practices and pairing dietary plans with fitness activities like strength training, cardio, and swimming.
Resume Examples Experience
Work experience comes next on the list of requirements for employers after a solid personal statement. You must assure them that candidates possess the qualifications and abilities required to perform the duties of a personal trainer.
You can use this resume sample as a personal trainer. It’s important to remember that employers will not be impressed by a simple list of duties. Mention your specific achievements, and you'll become a responsible worker who uses your skills effectively for the business.
Entry Level Personal Trainer Resume Experience
There are ways to make a good resume for a personal trainer with no experience.
If you don't have any experience, you can do a few things right now to set yourself up for success; from there, it’s all automation.
- Make sure that your resume is up-to-date and reflects your current fitness level.
- Start learning about the industry by reading books and articles on the responsibilities of fitness and nutrition.
- Find friends who are already personal trainers or work in related fields, such as physical therapy or nutrition counseling, and do some research!
Entry Level Personal Trainer Sample
The quality of their experience section directly influences the likelihood of acceptance by the recruiter. Personal Trainer resume examples that are both appropriate and inappropriate are shown below:
No actual pharmacist working experience
- Spanish Teacher in Primary School:
Fitness Consultant Experience
2021 - present
- Delivered training sessions on weight loss, injury prevention, and stress management.
- Made client-specific exercise plans based on their needs and goals.
- Built training programs around the requirements and objectives of each client.
How many mistakes are acceptable on a resume? Are you at risk?
Get Free resume feedback >>
How to Showcase Education in a Resume
One of the requirements for a resume is to mention the education section of your resume is an important place to show off your knowledge and experience. Still, this will ensure that your resume creation looks clean and professional.
Personal Trainer Resume Examples Education
Meeting the education requirements of a job application affects steady career advancement and growth. The appropriate and improper approaches to the section are shown in the following parts of personal trainer resume samples:
Universitat de Barcelona
- Acquired a degree
- I have completed all the classes
Universitat de Barcelona
- Bachelor of Physical Therapy
- GPA: 3.8/4.0
- Three professors commended my diligence, strong work ethic, and excellent results.
Skills on a Resume for a Personal Trainer
A personal trainer's resume will be the first thing a potential client sees when searching for a personal trainer. It is essential to highlight your resume skills, whatever your career field.
Here are some Personal Trainer resume samples of what you can write:
- Write about your expertise in fitness, weight loss, and nutrition.
- Include a list of certifications that you have received from various organizations.
Personal Trainer Resume Examples Skills
Skills are what employers will look at first, and they'll decide if you're a fit in seconds or how you stand out from other individuals. That's why you must clearly and concisely present your skills and occupations.
Below is professional personal trainer resume examples of a right and wrong display of skills. Personal Trainer resume samples:
- Recording clients’ progress and screening;
- Communication skills;
- Organizational and time management.
- Monitoring and recording clients’ progress;
- Injury prevention and management;
- Lifestyle counseling.
- Strong communication skills;
- Empathy and compassion;
- Motivational speaking;
- Time management and scheduling;
How to Make an Eye-Catching Resume
There are a few resume sections that you can add to your resume that will help you stand out from the crowd and lead you closer to an interview,
One is a list of references. This is important if you're applying for a job that involves working with people because it lets the recruiter know that you can work well with others and keep them safe. Another important section is a list of certifications. This shows that you have experience in what you're selling and gives employers an idea of the relevance of your training and experience.
Personal Trainer Resume Examples Other Sections
To work out a well-written and professional Personal Trainer resume, ensure you scan through other sections properly and correctly.
The following samples demonstrate the right and wrong approach to the section in a resume for Personal Trainer jobs:
List of References:
- Professors Hernandez and Nunez;
- My previous boss Mia Halton;
- My current boss Dylan Garcia.
List of References:
- Professor Marta Hernandez;
- Professor Tina Nunez;
- Former Employer Mia Halton;
- Current employer Dylan Garcia.
- AMCA and ISSA certificates.
- AMCA Physical Therapy Certificate, August 2016, Barcelona, Spain
- ISSA Certification, March 2018, Sacramento, California
“How to write a personal trainer resume?”
The first thing that should be on your resume is the name of your company or agency. This is important if you want to work for a big company since it shows you're serious about getting that recruiter job.
Then, list your:
- Education and any certifications or licenses you have;
- Experience and any certifications or claims you have;
- Volunteer work you've done and any awards or recognitions you've received.
Of course, you can get resume help to get the perfect results immediately. If you want to update your resume, our resume editing service will optimize it for the modern job market and improve your job search efficiency.